Sunday, December 28, 2014

It's been a jolly holiday!

We have been lucky over the holidays as Amanda has had a pretty good week.  Most of the nastiest side-effects of the treatment had passed, so she was able to enjoy time with family and friends.  She, Yeats and I have spent most of the last five days together doing absolutely nothing important and merrily going on our way to nowhere in particular.  It has been a wonderful gift, and one that we do not take for granted.
Amanda has a doctor's appointment in the morning where we will find out how much cancer's ass has been kicked in the last three weeks.  After that, another treatment.  Please send all the mojo and juju and positive vibes that you have available.  If you happen to have gotten a magical, wish-granting unicorn for Christmas, I wonder if we could borrow it, just for a day.  I promise that you will get it back.
For those who are not on the Facebook group, I want to take a moment to recognize what some very good friends are doing.  I recruited a group of people to kick off a project inviting them to pick a song or songs from The Beatles, "The White Album," which is Amanda's favorite Beatles record.  They then were going to do something with the song.  Do a cover of it, make a drawing inspired by it, video an interpretive dance of it... You get the idea.  A couple of friends made her a fantastic "Cept me and my Monkey" bracelet, and we have even had a couple of song covers:

http://picosong.com/download/4Uji/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=m40sgmub-Hw

Obviously, with this kind of support, Amanda is going to go all Rocky on this Drago.  If you would like to contribute to this project, shoot me an email at, droahrig@gmail.com.
Alright, that's the news from Lake Woebegone.  I wrote this on my phone, so please forgive the numerous typos that I am sure are there.  We hope that all of you have been able to enjoy the holidays with your families and friends.  We wish you the best in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment