Sunday, December 7, 2014

Getting ready for round three...

As we sit here on the eve of Amanda's third treatment, I wanted to take a quick moment to bring everyone up to speed.
  The expected, but no less sucky, hair loss has begun.  Amanda considers this a small price for ridding her body of this awful disease.  Yeats and I feel exactly the same.  While aesthetics may not be of chief concern, there is the practical issue of the weather getting colder.  Luckily, I am a veteran of facing the cold with a naked pate, so she has me as a guide.  Yesterday, we bought old t-shirts at Salvation Army which Amanda is going to use to make head wraps.  She has an abundance of scarves, hats and various fabrics at the ready.  As always, her attitude keeps Yeats and I in check whenever we start to get upset about the petty annoyances in life.
  Please send some good mojo her way tomorrow.  She will be in treatment most of the day.  I will post an update sometime tomorrow night.  Peace and love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment